Facts at a Glance
- Country: Nepal
- Capital: Kathmandu
- Geographical Location: South Asia
- Area: 147,181 km2
- Language: Nepali
- Religion: Hinduism, Buddhism
- Currency: Nepalese Rupee (NPR)
- Population: 26,494,504
Officially known as the Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal, Nepal is a landlocked country located in South Asia. Situated in the Greater Himalayan region, Nepal shares its international boundary with People's Republic China in the north and rest three sides i.e. from east, south, and west it shares its international boundary with India. The largest city Kathmandu is the capital of Nepal and administrative and cultural centre of the country.
Nepal has various geographic features. North Nepal is surrounded by world's top ten highest mountain peaks including world's highest mountain peak Mount Everest (also known as Sagarmatha). Surprisingly, it has more than 200 mountain peaks which height is measured as more than 6,000 meters above sea level. However, the southern Nepal is Terai region which is humid and fertile.
Located in mountains region, Nepal has wonderful places to visit. Among the natural landscapes, the small towns are pretty fascinating where you can buy the local handicrafts and other decorative home stuffs.
- Fascinating Cities and towns of Nepal
- Kathmandu: It is capital where you can see the stupas at Boudhanath and Swayambhu
- Pokhara: Located in picturesque lake-side landscape, it is pretty popular for the tourists for the scenery watching, adventure sports, dining, live music scene, and many more
- Janakpur: This historical city is popular for the 500-year old Janaki Temple
- Biratnagar: Pretty important for the mass mobilization
- Birgunj: This is gateway between India and Nepal from where business movements take place
- Boudhanath: It is home of largest Buddhist Stupa
- Nepalgunj: It is very important centre for the Mid- and Far-Western Development Region
- Patan: The beautiful, historic, and UNESCO World Heritage Site Patan Durbar Square is located here
- Other Popular Tourists' Destinations are
- Annapurna: It is popular for trekking
- Chitwan National Park: Popular for tigers, rhinos and other animals
- Daman: A small village with fascinating natural landscapes
- Haleshi (Tibetan: Maratika): Popular site of a mountain cave where famous Padmasambhava attained a state beyond life and death
- Lumbini: The sacred place where Buddha Shakyamuni's born
- Mount Everest: The highest mountain peak of the world
- Nagarkot: It is popular hill station.
- Parping: Buddhist religious centre
- Tangting: Known for beautiful landscapes
- Activities to do in Nepal
- Sight seeing
- River rafting
How to Reach?
Nepal's capital of Kathmandu is well connected by air with rest of the world and one can reach by flight to Kathmandu.
People travelling from India to Nepal can also travel overland by crossing one of the India – Nepal border.
Nepal Visa : Foreign tourist travelling to Nepal require valid Tourist Visa. Nepal visa is also available on arrival at Kathmandu Airport and on all other entry points if travelling overland.
Visa on arrival can be obtained at following entry points. Please keep a set of passport sized photos for visa on arrival : .
- 1. Immigration Office, Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu
- 2. Immigration Office, Kakarvitta, Jhapa (Eastern Nepal)
- 3. Immigration Office, Birganj, Parsa (Central Nepal)
- 4. Immigration Office, Kodari, Sindhupalchowk (Northern Border)
- 5. Immigration Office, Belahia, Bhairahawa (Rupandehi, Western Nepal)
- 6. Immigration Office, Jamunaha, Nepalgunj (Banke, Mid Western Nepal)
- 7. Immigration Office, Mohana, Dhangadhi (Kailali, Far Western Nepal)
- 8. Immigration Office, Gaddachauki, Mahendranagar (Kanchanpur, Far Western Nepal)
- Nepal Tourist Visa Fee :
- - US Dollars 25 or other convertible foreign currency equivalent thereto for 15 days multiple entry visa.
- - US Dollars 40 or other convertible foreign currency equivalent thereto for 30 days multiple entry visa.
- - US Dollars 100 or other convertible foreign currency equivalent thereto for 90 days multiple entry visa.